Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm full of good ideas

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I cannot believe the amount of passive-aggressive anger that I see on Facebook every day. It honestly throws me for a loop sometimes. If you didn't know some of my friends and looked at their Facebook profile you would think that they were self-deprecating people who sat inside all day looking out the window, waiting for someone to walk on their lawn so they could promptly go out and yell at them accordingly. I don't laugh out loud a lot, but I love the people who claim to be the epicenter of karmic goodness but also post things like "I wish she would die" or "EVERYONE'S JEALOUS!!! I LOVE THE HATERS!! YOU DO NOTHING BUT FUEL MY FUEL TANK FOR SUCCESS!!" I may or may not be exaggerating here.
Often times, someone will make some stupid, off the cuff comment to me or go down the well-trodden passive aggressive route and generalize it down so that they can make a post that 300 of their closest friends will read and think that they are entirely too clever. Often times I think they are entirely too ridiculous and that's the reason why I leave my own well-trodden trail of dead end conversations. I think that's been one of the biggest indicators of personal growth for myself, not having to prove myself to others or compare my own achievements to someone else. I'm not entirely exempt from this, if you're one of the handful of people whose opinion I actually value then I might stack myself up against you.
When I meet new people and we do the Facebook thing, I am the first person to say that I post a lot, I understand people don't want their wall clogged with status updates about things that I find amusing. I tell people that my family is on Facebook so I make a lot of postings about my general state of mind so they are able to check in on me without having to feel tied down to a phone call. Side note: I cannot believe how many people forget they have family on Facebook and I am amazed about how often people post things that they then have to take down because they forgot it could be potentially harmful on one's perspective of a person. Don't worry, it's just you and 300 of your closest friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment