Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Katie, it's a strange world..

My mind can't seem to settle down for the 5 minutes necessary to make a blog entry lately. Here are some updates on my life that you may find interesting:

I'm in love with my school. Even when I'm stressed out and running around like a mad-woman I still stop and take a moment to think about how incredibly I am to be at this point in my life. My classes, my classmates, the teachers.. everyone has been absolutely amazing. It's that feeling of knowing I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be that seems to flow out of me with every word that comes out of my mouth. I get nervous, I get homesick, my patience gets tried.

I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I would live in the library if I could, just shack up somewhere on the 4th floor in between call numbers among the bookshelves that seem to go on forever. People would talk about the girl who lives in the library, and they would send letters asking questions like, "Don't you ever get tired of the smell of all the books?" To which I would respond, there is no better breath to take for a bibliophile. My address would read as follows:

Kathryn Mary
C/O USF Library
Corner of PQ and PS
Tampa Fl, 33620

If I lived in the library I would definitely go by Kathryn Mary, it seems more official and librarian-like.

I would sleep alongside Neil Gaiman and Maya Angelou; happily handing books out to those who pass by with the same enthusiasm that I have for late nights and Star Wars. Sometimes I'm struck with the realization that my perfect life is very, very different from the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment